Alumni/ Harvey Nash Board report
In association with London Business School's Leadership Institute.
In our latest report Alumni and Harvey Nash alongside London Business School's Leadership Institute reveal that boards are not fit for 21st Century purpose.
The research represents the views of more than 650 non-executive directors from the UK, Nordics and Asia-Pacific. For more information about the report, our various events or to request a copy of the Board Report 2016/17 please visit www.harveynash.com/boardresearch.
Key survey findings
- Only 14% say their boards have a fully comprehensive digital strategy
- 45% say their digital strategies are somewhat incomplete or not at all complete
- 26% of UK boards have never had an external evaluation
- 45% of the boards of APAC companies have never had an external evaluation
- Only 45% of UK boards have had an evaluation in the last two years
- 58% of non-executives indicate 'good business' is on the agenda of most of the boards they are a member of. The primary reason for being 'good' is to improve employer engagement
- 63% of boards are actively pursuing more diverse functional expertise
- 48% of boards are actively pursuing gender diversity
A complete version of the report available here Beyond Governance Harvey Nash Alumni report 2016-17.pdf
Posted on November 3, 2016 1:33 PM | Permalink